The Your Birth Experience™ Difference
Your Birth Experience™(YBE) is not a method of childbirth, rather it is a system designed to inspire and empower individuals to CONNECT with what is most important to them, IDENTIFY their needs and desires, and become EQUIPPED to create meaningful memories they will cherish for a lifetime.
5 Elements that Make YBE Unique
1. envisioning your experience
- Use guided visualization to release fear and stress, increase confidence and focus on what you really want.
- Create a birth vision statement to focus on your unique goals and desires, regardless of method or mode of delivery.
- Discover how your innate personality and decision-making style impact your child birth experience and can help you know what's right for you.
2. understanding the process
- Anatomy and Timeline of Physiological Childbirth
- Variations of Normal Birth
- Who, What, When, Where and Why of the Stages and Phases of Labor
- Hormones and Emotions of Labor
- Helpful Hints, What to Do, and How Birth Partners Can Help Throughout Labor
3. preparing for what matters
While YBE doesn't focus on one right method or philosophy, we do help parents prepare mentally, physically and emotionally for the childbirth experience through our 5 Steps to a Better Birth
- Balanced Nutrition
- Birth Planning
- Body Balance
- Practicing Relaxation
4. understanding your options
- Un-biased and Evidence-based Information About Options and Interventions in Labor and Birth
- Un-biased and Evidence-based Information About Common Newborn Procedures
- Workbook-style Sections Covering "What it Is," "What You Need to Know," and "Your Choices," with Check Boxes for You to Select Your Options
5. communicating your preferences
- Helpful Tips for Communicating with Your Care Provider
- Birth Plan Checklist to Discuss Options with Care Provider Prior to Birthing Time
- Concise Birth Preferences/Birth Plan Template to Improve Communication with Birth Team