What is Your Birth Experience?
Your Birth Experience Childbirth Preparation Curriculum is a comprehensive, customizable childbirth education curriculum designed with YOU in mind. The purpose is to help you envision, prepare for and achieve the birth experience YOU want. Through the Your Birth Experience Parent Guide, and one-on-one sessions with your personal, Certified Instructor, you and your partner will be empowered and equipped for YOUR unique experience.
Your Birth Experience Childbirth Parents' Guide is an interactive journal that walks you step-by-step through the process of understanding your own unique desires and needs in relation to childbirth. Creating a truly satisfying birthing experience is more complex than whether or not you want an epidural, and in fact it often has little to do with that one choice! Using simple and effective training techniques rooted in exceptional research from birth and medical experts, sports psychology and personality trait studies and the parents who have contributed to the molding of the curriculum over the years, YBE helps you focus on what is truly important to you in your childbirth journey.
YBE can help you have a positive and profound experience, regardless of physical limitations, method or mode of delivery. Rather than promoting one "method" of childbirth, YBE provides expectant parents with resources and support from multiple birthing mindsets and allows them to choose the kind of mindset and skills they need to navigate childbirth on their terms. It also contains detailed information about the process of childbirth, physical and mental preparation, evidence-based information about your options and tools for effective and collaborative communication with your medical provider and birthing team that is presented in a simple and understandable way.
Topics in the manual are:
- Why Your Birth Experience?
- Do I really need a Birth Plan?
- Envisioning Your Birth
- Understanding the Birth Process
- Preparing for Your Birth Experience
- Understanding Your Options
- Communicating Your Preferences
Personal Childbirth instructor
What makes Your Birth Experience special is that you have a personal, certified professional to guide you through the process. Childbirth Instructors are available for private childbirth classes and group sessions. She will connect with you on a personal level to identify your unique needs and give you specific resources to meet your goals. In your one-on-one sessions, you will:
- Discover the unique aspects about your personality and decision-making processes that will help guide you in making the best decisions for Your Birth Experience.
- Engage the power of positive imagery by envisioning your experience and creating an empowering Birth Vision Statement.
- Learn the basics of the birth process, including hormonal and emotional components that are key to unlocking your empowering journey.
- Find out what you can do right now to prepare your body and mind for childbirth and early parenting.
- Practice tried and true comfort techniques and explore various methods of relaxation to inspire your own individual childbirth style.